We Need Your Help......PLEASE!!!!
Let's be honest, we don't ask much from you. You get all our lovely content for nothing, our groups are free and we're just generally awesome right? Exactly. However, all good things must come to an end and now we need a little something from you. Before you reach for your credit card, let us stop you there. It's not your money we need, it's just a little bit of your time.
As many of you know, we run a number of men-only peer support groups around the UK (find out more here). These groups are in static locations and, as much as we're going to grow that network, we want to take it one step further and not wait for men to come to us. We want to go to them, wherever they are.
Our idea, and it is a brilliant one even if we do say so ourselves, is to create a pop-up version of our SpeakEasy support group. We don't need much in terms of 'stuff' to make this a reality; a gazebo, a sofa and a trailer for transport. To get the money, we applied through the One Family Community Fund. Clearly they liked the idea too, because we got through the voting stage.
The bad news is that it's not as simple as them just giving us the money. Typical. Of course, loads of fantastic organisations are also applying for money for their own projects, so it's turned into a fight to the death. Well, OK, maybe not to the 'death', but it does boil down to the project that gets the most votes wins the cash, and that, my friends, is where you come in.
We need you to vote for us, to give us the best chance to make this fantastic project a reality. We've tried to make it simple as possible for you to register your vote for us.
All we need you to do is (don't worry, it's foolproof!):
- Go to this website —> https://foundation.onefamily.com/community-awards/nominated-projects/
- From there, in the dropdown list, go to the one marked ‘Region’ and select ‘north-east’ (alternatively you can just search for 'Pop Up SpeakEasy').
- You’ll see about 8 projects, from all different categories. I’m sure they’re all great, but stay focussed.
- Our project is called ‘Pop Up SpeakEasy’. See it? Great.
- Click the ‘More’ button to the right.
- The next screen is the basics of the project (but I’ve already told you about that, so you don’t have to read it, trust us on this one).
- To the right, there’s a button that says ‘Vote’ - click that.
- You’ll need account to vote (well you can create a One Family one if you really want), but you can also just use either your Facebook or Twitter log in (if you have one).
- Once that’s done, just click ‘Vote’ and you’re done!
- Congratulate yourself on a job well done and then go have a cuppa with our eternal gratitude.
Any help you can give would mean the world to us and to those we’ll help in the future. Feel free to share this with friends, family and just generally any and everyone you know. If you can add it (feel free to copy 'n' paste it) to your Facebook page, any newsletters or blogs you do, then that would be awesome. Don't make us come round there and beg you in person, it's really undignified (but we will!).
Fingers crossed we win and thanks again! We'll keep you updated. Voting closes on 6th September 2017 and is only available to those of us in the UK. (Their rules, not ours!)
PS - If you've already done it, then a massive thank you for that!